After a flurry of activity last week in the policy committees, the fiscal committees will be working hard early this week ahead of a deadline to move their bills to the floor. Notably, the Senate Ways and Means Committee has 41 bills scheduled for a hearing today.
- SB 6442 - Establishing a consolidated insurance purchasing system for public school employees.
- SB 6507 - Establishing the Walla Walla state veterans' home.
- SSB 6130 - Modernizing the functionality of the state environmental policy act.
- SSB 6145 - Concerning paint stewardship. (Requiring paint manufacturers to establish a recycling program similar to E-cycling for electronics products)
- SB 6411 - Concerning expenditures of the WorkFirst program.
- SB 6345 - Creating a commission to restructure state government.
The Senate Transportation Committee is also meeting on nine bills today. Those address the use of facial recognition software, transportation revenue and the Columbia River Crossing between Washington and Oregon along I-5.